Thursday, April 23, 2009

Could it be that spring has finally sprung?

I'm not quite ready to wholeheartedly believe that spring is here, but it sure feels like it lately. As I went out this morning to do chores I noticed that Blue Mountain still has some snowy patches toward the top, but the weather down in the flat lands has been absolutely beautiful.

I met josh at the bike trail for a ride yesterday. I put in 45 min before he got there then road an additional while with him in tow. It was a windy day, making the ride easy in spots and quite difficult in others.

The river was high due to the recent snow melting and the grass in spots was almost a foot tall, so lush and green, a color I have missed seeing for the past 6 months. Some of the shrubs are 3/4 leaved out already and I noticed several plum thickets in bloom.

I'm starting to think I need to get the garden tilled and planted. I should have started seeds earlier, but I think I can catch up. Wonder what treasures will surface this year from the old mining shack that occupied my garden spot.


Josh on the trail. Such a nice backdrop!


Josh & me. I've gotten a bit fluffy over the past few years...time to work it off!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, looking great already!!! G-ma said you've already lost 20 lbs!!! Maybe I need to start biking 50+ miles too and maybe I'd lose more!!! Anyway, keep it up, and lay off the poor prairie dogs!!! Haha!

    ReplyDelete